SPEEA Prof Unit
To learn more
Online – www.speea.org
• Contract proposal summary
• Contract offers’ redline – current
offers with changes marked
• Explanatory videos focusing on
different segments of the offers
• Powerpoint presentation highlighting
contract changes and enhancements
• Lunchtime workplace meetings –
see schedule at www.speea.org
• Presentations at SPEEA halls with
webinar option – see schedule at
SPEEA Executive Director Ray Goforth (left) presented information on the contract offers after an introduction by
Renton Council Rep Richard Thorkildson at one of the Renton City Hall lunchtime meetings.
questions. The after-hours presentations are also
available on webinar. More information is posted
Partnership, which offers additional
health care benefits.
• Job security – For those affected by work
moving to another Boeing site, management is committing to use exhaustive
efforts to place individuals impacted by
such a move. Those who are not transferred will receive significantly enhanced
benefits, including up to 60 weeks of pay
based on years of service and six months
of health insurance.
• Ballots mailed to members’ homes
– if ballot missing, email speea@
speea.org by 5 p.m., Wednesday,
Feb. 10. To request absentee ballot, call (206) 433-0991 by 5 p.m.,
Wednesday, Feb. 10.
• Market-leading wages – The offers
include 5% compensation pools through
2021 (wages and lump sum) with guaranteed minimums driven by market data.
• Ballot boxes in both SPEEA Puget
Sound halls close at 5 p.m.,
Wednesday, Feb. 17
• Continued retirement benefit growth –
Pension continues to grow through Final
Average Earnings (FAE) in two of three
formulas used to determine the Boeing
Company Employee Retirement Pension
(BCERP). The standard conversion factor increases to $100 per year of service
(effective Jan. 1, 2017). Offers also
include enhanced 401(k) company contributions.
• Ballots counted Wednesday, Feb. 17
– if ballot has not arrived by 5 p.m.
(in the mail or at SPEEA), it will not
• Choice of comprehensive medical plans
– The offers include enhancements to
the major medical plans with a change
to Traditional Medical Plan starting in
2018. At that time, the plan will require a
5% monthly employee contribution but
includes an option to nearly offset the
cost by seeing providers in the Preferred
One of the lunchtime presentations in Auburn is shown here.